Things I want to write about here in the coming weeks:
- The Future of the First World War – outcomes and perspectives
- Why have I started calling myself a war historian, rather than a military historian?
- Why ‘trench fever’?
- Project papers for my NAFGTY online study group:
– Six Key Ideas About the First World War
– Using literature as a historical source
– The war books boom
– Why don’t we remember 1918?
- Remembering the First World War in Britain and New Zealand in the 1980s
- Memorial language
- Conference reports – Giessen and Dublin
- Helping students improve their writing
- Study day at the IWM
- War and Memory seminar/workshop series